Table of Contents
- Alani Nu Pre-Workout Overview
- Pros and Cons of Alani Nu Pre-Workout
- Alani Nu Pre-Workout: The Ingredients
- How does Alani Nu Pre-Workout work?
- What are Alani Nu Pre-Workout’s benefits
- How to take Alani Nu Pre-Workout
- Alani Nu Pre-Workout results – before and after
- Alani Nu Pre-Workout – what are other people saying?
- Does Alani Nu Pre-Workout have side effects?
- Alani Nu Pre-Workout Review: Our Conclusion
Alani Nu Pre-Workout Overview
From the creators of popular, filler-free fat burners and flavorsome protein powders, Alani Nu also has its very own pre-workout. As a company who specializes in natural formulas and quirky flavors, their pre-workout certainly seems to be no different.
It boasts a completely transparent formula and comes in a variety of flavors – from ‘Hawaiian Shaved Ice’ to ‘Mimosa’. As is custom of all pre-workouts, this supplement promises to help maximize your workout with a balanced ingredient profile of energy boosters and performance enhancers. It also claims to deliver more power to muscles so you can push past fitness plateaus which are blocking your progress.
But how far does this pre-workout compare to others on the market? Is it better? Or are the fabulous flavor choices simply there to distract you from a mediocre formula?
You can’t get much past us here at Spot Me Girl. That’s why we’ve stripped this pre-workout back to its fundamentals, putting it through an investigatory workout of its own to find out if it can really help make yours better.
Pros and Cons of Alani Nu Pre-Workout
- 100% natural formula
- Fully transparent ingredients label
- Lots of flavors to choose from
- Contains some artificial flavorings
- Fairly expensive price point
Alani Nu Pre-Workout: The Ingredients
- L-Citrulline Malate 2:1 – This is a form of the amino acid L-citrulline which has been linked to bettering exercise performance in a number of ways. Because it can increase the blood flow in your body, research has shown a marked improvement to the endurance and power output of participants doing exercise, with one study elevating workout time by 12% longer after taking L-citrulline. Citrulline malate is also directly linked to enhancing weight training performance and alleviating fatigue too.
- Beta-Alanine – As a non-essential amino acid, beta-alanine has all sorts of properties which could benefit your workout performance. Combined with histidine in your muscles, it produces carnosine which can serve as a buffer against muscle acidity. Too much acid in your muscles can prevent muscles contracting properly and cause fatigue– especially after high-intensity exercise. So, by taking this supplement, you could exercise for longer, with increased muscle endurance to push yourself further in workouts.
- L-Tyrosine – Often found in other supplements like fat burners, tyrosine has been linked to improving your concentration, attention-span and alertness. It has also got de-stressing abilities by producing brain chemicals like dopamine – the pleasure hormone – and adrenaline/noradrenaline which enhance your nerve cells’ communication to reduce stress and elevate your mood. It also could have metabolism-boosting effects, since it produces thyroid hormones which are responsible for keeping your metabolism working properly.
- Caffeine (from coffee: coffee arabica bean extract) – Though many people are sensitive to caffeine, it does have a surprisingly large amount of benefits – especially when it comes to exercise performance. Caffeine activates parts of your brain to increase energy and focus so you can power through workouts easier, as well as stimulating adrenaline for better endurance and activating muscles. It also has thermogenic abilities, which could elevate fat burning and help release more endorphins so you feel happier.
- L-Theanine (from green tea leaf extract) – This amino acid has many health benefits but is primarily used to alleviate anxiety and stress, as well as supporting healthy immunity and improving sleep quality. Combined with caffeine, L-theanine has helped elevate levels of focus and alertness too, so you can keep your eye on the prize all the way through your work out.
|Ingredients||Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|L-Citrulline Malate 2:1||6 g||*|
|Caffeine (from coffee - Coffea arabica Bean Extract)||200 mg||*|
|L-Theanine (from green tea (Camellia sinensis) Leaf Extract)(TheaKalm))||200 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Sodium Citrate, Silica, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Turmeric Root Extract, Acesulfame Potassium.
How does Alani Nu Pre-Workout work?
The main goal for this pre-workout is to improve endurance during workouts so you can see quicker results. It brings together a series of well-researched ingredients to inject energy, focus and drive into your exercise helping you to train harder than ever before.
Even if you’re going to the gym regularly, you can sometimes hit a ‘fitness plateau’ which can limit your exercise potential and stop you reaching the goals you really want to. Alani Nu’s Pre-Workout aims to deliver power to your muscles from components like caffeine, beta-alanine and L-citrulline which can all help improve endurance and the volume of exercise you can achieve in one training session.
Using mood elevators and brain boosters like L-tyrosine and L-theanine will also help keep you mentally sharp throughout your work out, whilst ensuring your mind stays motivated and stress is blocked off. Having the right mindset is almost equally important to a workout as energy boosters and muscle enhancers. If you’re feeling distracted, stressed or generally down, you may feel like giving up – or not working out at all. Which is why this generous dose of ‘happy’ components will help get you in the mood to smash your workout.
What are Alani Nu Pre-Workout’s benefits
- More energy and focus
This small, yet compact, formula is designed to stimulate your energy levels so you can keep workouts on point, even if you’re on a calorie deficit. By using stimulants like caffeine, you can feel more alert, concentrate better and keep hitting your targets every time.
- Greater endurance
Many of the pre-workout’s ingredients bring the potential for better stamina when you’re exercising. By increasing the capacity of how far your muscles can go, you could see a significant improvement in your progress, going past previous targets with ease and setting the bar even higher every time you work out.
- Better mood and motivation
We think it’s so important to have the right mood when you’re working out. After all, we lead busy, stressful lives which can sometimes become an excuse as to why we don’t push ourselves harder or even want to work out at all. Alani Nu bring L-tyrosine, L-theanine and caffeine together to provide a solid support for your mental wellbeing, helping to alleviate stress levels so you can stay motivated and more content before and throughout training to ensure you keep progressing.
- Elevate fat burning
It goes without saying, if your workouts are more intense, you’ll burn off more calories. However, the inclusion of metabolism boosters like caffeine and l-tyrosine will make sure you’re burning excess fat off around the clock. By keeping your metabolism ticking over, your body will continue to breakdown fat cells and burn them off – even after exercise.
How to take Alani Nu Pre-Workout
Alani Nu recommend mixing half a scoop in 6-8oz of water 20-30 minutes before working out for the first week or two, to assess your tolerance.
Once you’re happy and your body has got used to the formula, you can increase your serving to 1 full scoop.
They advise not to take more than 2 servings per day – and if you are going to have 2 servings, make sure there’s at least 4 hours in between each one.
Alani Nu Pre-Workout results – before and after
What’s clear to see with this pre-workout is there are literally hoards of people who love this product, with hundreds of real people tagging it in their workout posts on social media. We’ve found a couple of progress updates on Instagram, where consumers have used the Alani Nu’s Pre-Workout alongside other products to achieve results:
Moveswithmariah: “Another week of work, with progress to show! – stomach is defining booty has started to tighten and lift my legs are already so much stronger than before! mentally I just feel….. blessed ❤️🙏🏻”
Marisamartinez1021: “It may not be very obvious to see the progress, but I feel the difference in my clothes as well as the increase in my strength.”
Alani Nu Pre-Workout – what are other people saying?
On the Alani Nu Pre-Workout product page alone, there are tens of thousands of reviews and it’s clear to see this pre-workout is a hit with most people as it scores 4.9 out of 5*. Obviously not everyone will like it, and there are a couple of negative comments on there, but for the amount of reviews there are, the handful of complaints are minimal which is really positive to see.
Does Alani Nu Pre-Workout have side effects?
On the label, Alani Nu do state that you could feel tingly from the beta-alanine – and there is scientific research to back up this side effect – so it’s definitely worth assessing your tolerance with a smaller serving for the first couple of weeks to get your body used to it.
Also, there are a lot of stimulants and performance enhancers in the formula – including caffeine – which can have certain side effects like nausea, insomnia and jitteriness if you’re sensitive. Alani Nu advise to limit the amount of caffeine-containing substances alongside the pre-workout to avoid any negative side effects from too much caffeine.
They also recommend speaking to a physician before use if you are pregnant, lactating, have a medical condition or taking any medication to avoid any adverse effects and make sure it’s safe for you to take.
Some people have also commented on feeling sick after taking it but, as long as you follow the directions when taking this supplement, you shouldn’t experience any negative side effects.
If you do start to feel unwell or experience any unpleasant effects after taking the pre-workout, stop taking it immediately and consult a medical practitioner for advice before continuing your cycle.
Alani Nu Pre-Workout Review: Our Conclusion
When it comes to this pre-workout, we think it is pretty good overall. The fully transparent label of well-researched ingredients gives us confidence that Alani Nu really have thought about what they want to achieve with this supplement – especially for women.
If you look across the internet for reviews, you’ll notice there aren’t many negative ones at all. Even on Amazon, 82% of people scored it 5* which is pretty impressive. Obviously, you’re never going to convince everyone but we think the sheer amount of praise for this supp suggests it really is worth trying out.
Although it contains caffeine – which may exclude some ladies from buying if they are sensitive to it – it also uses L-theanine to keep side effects like jitters at bay, which shows they have thought about their formula and its potential hazards fully.
The only issue we have is it is quite pricey for a pre-workout and only contains a small amount of ingredients. It also seems to miss some post-workout features like recovery support such as acetyl L-carnitine that you can find in other pre-workouts.
So, if you’re looking to get more bang for your buck, as they say, why not check out our Editor’s Choice of Best Rated Pre-Workouts for Women to find a better value product with a more complete ingredient formula?
Here at Hey Spot Me Girl, we’re all about safety – so we wanted to remind you to double-check with your doctor or physician if you have any concerns at all about introducing a new supplement into your diet.
Whilst supplements could be a great boost to your lifestyle, they could also have adverse effects on your body if not used properly, or if you have sensitivity to any of the ingredients. So, make sure you always check the label fully. Also, make sure you stick to the usage instructions, particularly during the first week.
It’s also worth pointing out you shouldn’t rely on supplements alone to achieve your physique goals. Remember girls, supplements are enhancers – not the only answer!
A balanced diet, consistent workout plan and sensible lifestyle choices are the fundamentals behind real change – and your supplement should only ever be used as a way of optimizing the results of your hard work, not a way of replacing it altogether.
So, whatever supplements you choose to improve your life, make sure your health and welfare is always paramount over anything else every single time.
*DISCLAIMER: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Products are intended for use alongside a diet and exercise regime. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Hey Spot Me Girl are not intended for the purpose of medical advice.
Individual results may vary. Please always consult your health care provider if you are taking any medications or have any medical condition. Must be 18 years or older to purchase. Always reference the ingredients and directions on the product label.