Thank you for visiting SpotMeGirl.com. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, along with our terms and conditions of use sets out our practices regarding the collection and processing of your personal data. By continuing to use this website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices outlined in this policy.
‘SpotMeGirl.com’, ‘we’ and ‘us’ refers to the owner of the website and ‘you’ refers to the user.
Information we collect from you
SpotMeGirl.com may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is data you give us when you comment on a post or sign up to the newsletter. This includes your name, email address or any information you give us as part of a comment.
- Information we collect about you. Each time you visit the website or use our services we may use tracking information to automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information. Including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit to the website. Including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time). Products you viewed or searched for. Page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work with third parties including technical, payment and delivery services, along with advertising networks. We may receive information about you from these third parties.
Lawful basis for processing
We only process your data when we have lawful reason to do so. These lawful reasons may differ slightly depending on the different processing activities. Please take note of the following:
- The personal information we collect is the minimum required to allow submissions of comments which is balanced between allowing anonymous submissions and preventing fraudulent or spam comments.
- All direct marketing communications will require your consent.
How long we keep your data for
We keep hold of your data in line with our data retention policy, and will only retain your information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it.
For more information on how this can affect you, visit our cookies and data capture policy.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse how SpotMeGirl.com is used.
This is a web analytics service provided by Google. It is used to track website traffic and create reports based on this information. This gives an insight into how SpotMeGirl.com is used. The data is then shared with other Google services. Google ma use the collected data to create personalised ads for its own advertising network.
You can opt out of the Google Analytics feature we use by downloading a Google browser extension.
For more information on the privacy practices used by Google Analytics, visit the Google Privacy and Terms page.
Uses of information
This section provides information on the ways in which we use your information.
The information you give us.
- To display your provided comment on the website.
- To provide you with information, products and services you request from us.
- To send you the services you opted for. For example, the newsletter or industry news.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
The information we collect about you.
- To manage the administration of our website, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To your experience of our site by using the data collected to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- In working with analytics and search engine providers to improve our site.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with the information you give us and we collect for all of the purposes set out above, depending on the types of data we receive.
Disclosure of your information
We do not disclose any of your submitted information with any third parties.
Other websites: Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we store your personal data
Please be aware that the information submitted, collected and received about you may be stored on servers located outside of your state, province or country. This may mean that the data protection laws that apply to this information may differ from those within your own governmental jurisdiction.
Please note that data will be transferred to the United Kingdom, where it will be processed under UK and EU laws.
If we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for an account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Your Data, Your Rights
We only use your personal information for direct marketing purposes if we are allowed to do this by law or if we have your consent.
Requests to access, change, or remove your information will be handled within 30 days.
Right of Access to your information: If you require access to the personal data we hold about you, please write to us via our Contact Form.
Right to Rectify your information: If you believe the information we hold about you is incorrect then contact us directly via our Contact Form.
Right to Erase your information: If you do not want us to hold your personal data any longer, please write to us via our Contact Form.
Right to Restriction of Processing: If you wish to restrict what information is used and how it’s used, you can contact us directly via our Contact Form.
Right to Object: If you believe that there are no legitimate grounds for having your data, or you no longer wish to receive marketing communications, please write to us via our Contact Form.
If you wish to complain, then please write to us via our Contact Form.